Monday, April 13, 2009

Separated at birth

I have a problem that I should talk about. Actually it is more of an addiction of sorts. I really like to watch reality TV. I know what you are thinking, “I can’t believe that she just admitted to that!” But it is true and the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

My new addiction is on the BBCA channel and is called “Any Dream Will Do.” This program is a search for the new “Joseph” character for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The first episode was like American Idol auditions with every freak and his brother trying out for the competition. I don’t really know why I am watching this because I likely won’t be returning to London anytime soon to see JOSEPH in the West End but I was hooked. I think I know why I was hooked. Let me share with you.

Have you ever noticed how Andrew Lloyd Webber looks like Austin Powers?
Okay, so Austin is a bit younger but if you watch the show it gets kind of creepy to watch and then I just start to giggle. The other reason I am hooked is that there is a contestant, Chris B, who looks like Hilary Swank in Boys Don’t Cry (this is the movie where she cut all her hair off and portrayed a girl living as a boy). The likeness is just crazy!
I think my addiction to this show is finally broken (after 3 weeks) because in searching for the picture of Chris B., I found out who won the show and I am not interested anymore. Oh well, one addiction down and several more to go.

No comments: