Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday Quiz

Tonight I went with my mom and sister to a very informal class about chocolate. It was very informative and enjoyable. I am not usually a person that loves to eat cookies but the instructor had the most delicious chocolate cookie for us to try. I was surprised how completely tasty it was. There were other treats and chocolates tasters for us to try from chocolate cupcakes to chocolate mousse frosting to a choco-mint tingle shake.

The instructor asked how many people like to eat dark chocolate on only about 4 people raised their hands. So we were each given a small tasting of semi-sweet chocolate and then we were given 60% chocolate and last 70% chocolate (in case you didn't know, the higher the percentage of chocolate the darker the chocolate is). We were told to suck on the chocolate and not chew it to really taste the difference in the different chocolates. I was surprised to learn that the dark chocolates were not as bad as I had imagined.

After all that, here is the question of the day. Do you like chocolate and if so what kind of chocolate?

2 comments:

Jill said...

Milk chocolate and white chocolate for me... I don't like dark chocolate. If anything is too rich or chocolatey I don't like it. Brownies are even too much for me. A Frosty at Wendy's is just the right amount of chocolate. :)

Jamie Lyn said...

Chocolate is pretty much my favorite thing in the world and I love it all! Dark, milk, white-- hit me up! My main concern is that it's quality chocolate. I realize the European stuff is more expensive, but Hershey's just doesn't make the cut. And Palmer's chocolate is the nastiest, waxiest, most disgusting concoction on the planet. They really call that chocolate??