Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day


Several years ago, I found a recipe in a magazine for a Springtime Cheesecake. I read through the recipe and thought that seems easy to make and so I tried it. Since then my father has requested that I make the cheesecake for him. On Saturday, my mom made the request that I make the cheesecake for my dad for Father's Day. I purchased the necessary ingredients and got to work.

I made the cheesecake at my parents' home so that I could use their new stove and their fancy kitchen tools. My mom supplied me with a 9" springform pan. I could tell that this was going to be one of the best cakes that I had ever made. It looked so nice when I poured it into the pan. It had been in the oven about five minutes when I started to get a hint of something burning. I knew that the cake wouldn't be burnt because I just put it into the over but I looked anyway.

To my horror, I could see the cheesecake on the bottom of the oven. The springform pan opened and all of the batter was dripping onto the heating element and bottom of the storm. We hurried and pulled out what was left and started to clean all of the batter up.

We had to go back to the store and start again. I also picked up my trusted springform pan to bake the 2nd cheesecake in. I think it turned out very nice. My dad could hardly wait to cut into it. It turned out to be a great dinner and a very nice day. I hope that everyone else had a good day as well.

No comments: