Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Thought We Were Addicted...

So what happened? Can you say, "Do it yourself home remodel?"

I can.

My parents own a home that is 104 years old and I had dedicated many, many hours to help them with the remodel. It started out as a simple project because the kitchen sink started to have a bad odor that would not go away. That kitchen drain project lead to replacing the water main line to the house, construction of an new second bathroom, remodeling a bedroom then the office and remodeling of the home's original bathroom.

The job is not finished because we have two new doors that need to be hung, installation of the mop boards and touching up paint in some areas. Let's not even mention that there are still plans to remodel the laundry room and the possible addition of a family room. The thought of more construction makes me a bit tired. Oh well. It has been nice to have my evening free for the last couple of months but I am so happy that my parents' home is so much more comfortable and relaxing.

Two years have almost passed since we began the project. They have been two difficult years but satisfying that we were able to do almost all of the work on our own. There have been some people that guided us that I hope got a gold star next to their name so that good karma will bless them when they are in need such as we were.

My hope is that my addiction will now be redirected back to you.

No comments: